To integrate chat in BuddyPress, please install chat directly from your WP-Admin -
- Step 1 : Go to Wordpress admin dashboard. Go to Plugin-> Add New. Search for iFlyChat.
- Step 2 : In the search results, locate iFlyChat and click on Install Now link.
- Step 3: Then you will be asked to confirm to install the plugin. Click OK.
- Step 4: Enter FTP details of your website and click 'Proceed' (Optional step, may not be valid for all sites).
- Step 5: Now, Activate the iFlyChat Plugin by clicking on 'Activate Plugin' link as shown below.
- Step 6 - Next, you need to generate an API key in order to use our servers securely with your website. To do so go to https://iflychat.com and signup to create a new account.
- Step 7 - Now, go to Dashboard and Generate a new API key for your domain name.
- Step 8 - Copy the newly generated API key.
- Step 9 - Go back to your Wordpress Website Admin Dashboard . On left side panel, Go to Settings-> iFlyChat Settings. Paste the API key in the API key field.
Click Update and its DONE.
- Optional: To Embed Chatroom in a wordpress page, click here.