We are glad to annuounce stable release of DrupalChat module for Drupal 7 websites. The chat module now supports all versions of jQuery. This has been quite tricky to accomplish considering the fact that we need to support all versions of jQuery from 1.4.4 onwards.
Our DrupalChat module for Drupal 7 comes with three polling methods. The polling method decides which backend will the chat module use for handling chat requests. These are listed below:
- Normal AJAX
- Long Polling
- iFlyChat Servers
Here, Normal AJAX and Long Polling use your website server's resouce to handle chat processing. We recommend using Normal AJAX out of them. These methods offer following features:
- One-to-one chat (private chat)
- Public Chat room
- Show user name, profile picture and profile link in chat
- Render hyperlinks in chat messages
- Provides a sleek chat bar at bottom right of the browser
- Selectable list of Online Users (Once you choose a particular user to chat with, it creates a new tab adjacent to the chat bar along with an attached pop-up chat window)
- Supports chat for anonymous users
- Provides chat logging and message inbox functionality
- Supports smilieys (detects them automatically in chat messages)
- Provides notification sound when a new chat message is received
- Notifies user by blinking browser title bar and chat popup when a new chat message is received
- Provides optional integration with User Relationships and Flag Friend module.
Alternatively, you can use our commercial version by switching to iFlyChat Servers polling method. This polling method includes all of the above features along with many more:
- Cloud hosted solution
- Chat rooms can be embedded into a page
- Group Chat
- Message moderation in chat - https://iflychat.com/documentation/chat-moderation/how-delete-or-clear-c...
- User moderation in chat - https://iflychat.com/documentation/chat-moderation/how-kick-or-ban-user
- Share files in private chat and chat rooms - https://iflychat.com/blog/2014/05/send-and-share-files-using-iflychat
- Render images and YouTube links inline - https://iflychat.com/blog/feature-image-video-sharing-iflychat
- Lighting fast reponse
- Sub second latency
- Chat history is retained between page loads
- and many more...
Full feature list is available at this link - https://iflychat.com/features.
To install DrupalChat module, follow our super easy installation guide now - https://iflychat.com/installation/drupal-chat-module.
Got a question? Please ping us in our live chat and we will be happy to assist you.